Tasty, seasoned, melt in your mouth Rack of lamb Recipe. If you have run out of Lamb recipe ideas, why not give this recipe a go. It is not custom to marinate Lamb ribs. Instead, use dry seasoning rub. By cooking over a long period of time, the ribs will come out tender and delicious.
Lamb Ribs Recipe
Seasoned Smoked Rack of Lamb Ribs
- Smoker BBQ
- Paper towel
- wood chips (hickory or cherry wood)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 500 grams Lamb ribs rack of lamb
- 1 PKT mixed herbs and spice Dry rub
- 300 grams wood chip cherry wood, hickory
- Start smoker /BBQ pre-heat to 150-160 degrees celcius. (Check out shop section for this smoker).
- Pull Lamb out of packet and rinse under tap and dry with paper towel,
- Add dry rub of seasoning herb and spices ( dried, rosemary,oregano,dill ,pepper ,salt) let it sit for 3 mins
- Place ribs into Smoker /BBQ either on a cast iron plate or on grill over coals fat side facing down.If directly over coals make sure of little to no flame.Placing lamb into the smoker/bbq will bring the heat down a bit and allow for a slow cook.
- After approx 2.5hrs turn ribs over and add olive as required.
- Keep an eye on the temperature keeping at 150-180 degrees depending on how much charcaol burn or tender you like your lamb
- 5 hour mark put lamb ribs in aluminium foil.Let Lamb sit in Smoker for next 1hr .
- 6hrs approx pull ribs of Smoker /BBQ let them rest for 2 mins then serve
Rack of Lamb RibsAlways wash meat after opening from packaging, dry with paper towel. Rub your favourite lamb dry rub seasoning into meat (as much as you like). Let it sit allow the herbs to do their job flavouring the fat and meat. Have BBQ/smoker preheated to approx 150-180 depending on how you like your lamb. Make sure you have a water tin in the Smoker/BBQ so ribs are nice and moist when done. Place ribs fat facing down and cook for 2.5 hours. Put your wood chips at any stage you like for smoke flavour. At about the 2.5hr mark turn ribs over cook for another 2.5 hrs . At the 5hrs mark wrap the lamb in foil and sit back into Smoker/BBQ for another hour. 6hr mark pull Rack of lamb out of Smoker/BBQ let them rest for 3 mins then serve.
What Vegetables go well with Lamb
My personal favourite is Sweet Potato Mash. I also love carrots and asparagus with my lamb. A beautiful mint sauce is very complimentary to lamb.
I also love mint yoghurt dressings to any lamb dishes.
The benefits of Eating Lamb
If you want to learn more about the benefits of eating grass fed Lamb, you can learn more on this wesbite (whfoods).