While everyone else smokes the grined coffee beans, I simply blended grinded coffee with instant coffee, added water, and smoked it on my Smoker. If you love the smokey flavour and you love coffee, you might find that you love this variant of smokey coffee. The smokey flavour is quite strong, however, you can dilute with hot water.
- BBQ Smoker, charcoal or wood
- 1 large pot
- Electric jug
- 2 tablespoons
- coffee mug or cup
- 1 tbsp ground coffee Plunger coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp granulated coffee smooth or expresso coffee
- 500g hickory wood chips hand full of wood chips
- Add one tablespoon of Ground coffee(plunger coffee) to large Pot
- Add one tablespoon of Granulated coffee or your favourite coffee to pot
- Add 1 litre of hot water or fill pot with Hot Water
- Add 1 litre of cold water if you have not filled Pot with Hot Water
- always make sure pot is full of water
- Heat smoker up to 130 minimum as we are really after a smoke flavour temperature not important.Add pot to smoker and put smoke chips in coals.
Coffee on the Smoker recipe
While I was looking around the internet to see how other people were smoking their coffee, I see that there is a trend where people are smoking coffee in cigarettes. It seems to be a new trend. I haven’t tried it nor am I going to. Smoking coffee on the smoker has not given me any of the side effects smoking coffee in cigarettes are recorded in the posts I saw on the internet. But if you are sensitive to coffee, please be careful how much coffee you consume, whether it is smoking on the barbecue, coffee in a plunger, instant coffee, pod coffee, or using a fancy coffee machine.